  • From: Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:52:37 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2019, 15:20:03 CEST schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
I don't want to blame or shame them anyhow. It just emphasizes the
spelling
problems "openSUSE" has and will have in the future without changing the
name.
The problem is, we cannot change the name every time someone misspells it

I get that but have quite a different point of view on such details. If tech
press does not care for correct name spelling - where else do the have loose
standards for their writings?

And to extend that:
If even we don't care for the correctly written name of our project, who else
will?

How about this: we just don't make a big fuzz about it and go on with more
important things?

I won't keep you back from that. ;-)

Regards,
vinz.