Re: [opensuse-project] [netiquette] efficient quoting of replies
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 22:08:05 +0000
Adam Mizerski <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
W dniu 19.10.2019 o 21:55, Adam Spiers pisze:
Please can *everyone*[1] trim unnecessary quoted text from their
replies? It's tiring to have to scroll through pages of old text
just to reach a one-line reply at the bottom. Thanks in advance!

[1] Sorry $sender, not meaning to pick on you - I have seen this
happen a lot from many people recently; this was just the straw
on the camel's back ...

There is a useful Thunderbird add-on QuoteCollapse
https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quotecollapse/

My mail client (mutt) can do something similar. However I don't find
it useful because generally some context *is* required... just not
several pages of it :-)

I'm not saying that your point is invalid though.

Ack - thanks for sharing info which I'm sure will be useful to
Thunderbird users here.