On 17/10/2019 15.03, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:01 AM Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2019, 11:47:10 CEST schrieb Gerald Pfeifer:
Maybe, maybe, maybe, tweaking the branding to avoid the lowercase O
is something to consider? Is that thinkable? Not a proposal, merely
a question. (Still not trivial, but a lot less effort and disruption
than changing a name -- we have adjusted the SUSE logo some five years
ago, for example, and that went relatively smoothly.)

What, giving up on the Sysiphus fight? ;-)

The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And they
won't
care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with "OpenSuSe",
"OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

So, it's just a small step and it won't have any measurable impact.

It would remove the openSUSE issue and keep the SUSE issue ;)

I would be shocked if SUSE made that mistake in that case, but there is
the whole internet out there.

At least it would fix dealing with word processors constantly "fixing"
capitalization...

How about fixing the word processors? Surely we are not the only ones
with this trouble. Add a trademark category that must be spelled exactly
right.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.