Re: [opensuse-project] Abstaining on votes (was: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote)
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:21:29 +0000
Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16/10/2019 08.56, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Sat 2019-10-12, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Yes. An active vote of Abstain, not the people that do not vote.

I am very supportive of adding such an option to future votes and
will push for that.

Sorry, that is worth nothing. I have been asking for blank votes on
openSUSE and before for decades, and I still have to repeat the
explanations year after year, most of the times uselessly. :-(

Maybe there is something in the Central European/German mind against
counting blank votes :-?

Yeah, I really don't get why this isn't a no-brainer. Elections need
to be run correctly, otherwise it defeats the whole point of
democracy. Unfortunately there are plenty of real world political
examples proving this :-(