Re: [opensuse-project] Abstaining on votes (was: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote)
On 16/10/2019 08.56, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Sat 2019-10-12, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Yes. An active vote of Abstain, not the people that do not vote.

I am very supportive of adding such an option to future votes and
will push for that.

Sorry, that is worth nothing. I have been asking for blank votes on
openSUSE and before for decades, and I still have to repeat the
explanations year after year, most of the times uselessly. :-(

Maybe there is something in the Central European/German mind against
counting blank votes :-?

Of course, you can go finer and add more options to the vote to
know what each "abstain" means.

This would go too far in my opinion. Next would be "Yes, but...",
"No, unless..." and the like. ;-)

That's what fuzzy computing is for... ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.1 x86_64 at Telcontar)