  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 09:03:08 -0400
On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:01 AM Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2019, 11:47:10 CEST schrieb Gerald Pfeifer:
Maybe, maybe, maybe, tweaking the branding to avoid the lowercase O
is something to consider? Is that thinkable? Not a proposal,
merely
a question. (Still not trivial, but a lot less effort and
disruption
than changing a name -- we have adjusted the SUSE logo some five
years
ago, for example, and that went relatively smoothly.)

What, giving up on the Sysiphus fight? ;-)

The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And
they won't
care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with
"OpenSuSe",
"OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

So, it's just a small step and it won't have any measurable impact.

It would remove the openSUSE issue and keep the SUSE issue ;)

I would be shocked if SUSE made that mistake in that case, but there is
the whole internet out there.

At least it would fix dealing with word processors constantly "fixing"
capitalization...