On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:40 PM, Vinzenz Vietzke <vinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2019, 11:47:10 CEST schrieb Gerald Pfeifer:
Maybe, maybe, maybe, tweaking the branding to avoid the lowercase O
is something to consider? Is that thinkable? Not a proposal, merely
a question. (Still not trivial, but a lot less effort and disruption
than changing a name -- we have adjusted the SUSE logo some five years
ago, for example, and that went relatively smoothly.)

What, giving up on the Sysiphus fight? ;-)

The wide masses did not care for the lowercase O for years now. And they won't
care it's successor. Plus: changing the O still leaves us with "OpenSuSe",
"OpenSuse" and "Open Suse" - or even "Open S.u.S.e".

So, it's just a small step and it won't have any measurable impact.

It would remove the openSUSE issue and keep the SUSE issue ;)

I would be shocked if SUSE made that mistake in that case, but there is the whole internet out there.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world