Re: [opensuse-project] 2019-09-03 board meeting minutes
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:34:22 +0000
Robert Schweikert <RJSchwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
We continue to mix foundation name, project name, and "product name"
where "product name" is probably the least defined up in the same
conversation.

[snipped]

Each of these topics is quite complex with potential implications on
the others. None of the the topics, probably with the exception of the
trademark ownership, have been discussed in a focused discussion with
more or less objective weighing of the pros and cons. And now for some
reason there appears to be the believe that we can cast these complex
topics into a single yes/no ballot question. Sorry, IMHO that does not
do the complexity of the topic justice nor should we, IMHO, expect any
tangible useful information out of that vote.

Or stated in another way, having one yes/no vote that intermingles
these complex topics is insane.

Exactly, especially when the voting page offers zero useful guidance
about how to make a decision in an informed way.