Re: [opensuse-project] doc.opensuse.org
if we're building up on the existing documentation contributed by
SUSE
folks.

Actually I'm talking about creating new documents and not just putting
in pull requests for the existing docs. For example, besides the quick
start guide that I wrote last spring there isn't much for Kubic. I
think we need a new document build from scratch on how to use it.

I've been looking at Docbook the past few days in order to contribute
somehow on Container documentation. I think Docbook's fine,
especially

Having part of the documentation written in Docbook and another part
in
AsciiDoc leads to the same as having doc.o.o vs wiki.o.o.

Actually the SUSE docs team does that now. Daps natively handles both.
Some people only write in Docbook and some only write in asciidoc. You
can't tell the difference because Daps produces the same output for
both.

I think the goal would be to encourage community participation. Docbook
creates an artificial roadblock to that because of it's significantly
higher learning curve. We should want people spending their valuable
time submitting pull requests to help build something not spending
hours trying to find out why their xml isn't working.

Regards,

Ish Sookun