Re: [election-officials] Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
* Ish Sookun <ish.sookun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-12-19 08:31]:
Hi Patrick,

but it is not recorded and indiscernible from not voting. there is a
difference from abstention and not voting and they are not equal. one
would have to know the choice was made and not just failing to vote.

Let's say we had accommodated the following:

Do we keep change the project name?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain

Now, are we running a vote to understand the community's wish regarding
changing or keeping the project name, or are we running a survey about
how the community feels about changing the project name?

you are running an uninformed ballot where the possible selections are not
really telling as they are not well defined.

[ ] Yes indicates ... and will result in ...
[ ] No blaw blaw ...

what will changing the "project name" provide
what are the ramifications of changing ...
what if the "project name" is not changed ...

all on the "ballot" because many affected will have not read the lengthy
conversation here or may not even be aware of the conversation.

you are presenting a voting prospectus and it should (must) contain the
data necessary to make an informed decision.

it is very difficult to ask questions to the uninformed when you are quite
knowledgeable and well versed in the subject.