Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 22:04:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2019-10-11 at 21:52 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 10/10/2019 17.02, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
[...]
Good description and far better than the current poll! Should we restart
the poll?

thinking a bit more: I strongly suggest to stop the vote, it's useless. not everybody will read the description you gave above or even a blog post.

If I look at campaigns and petitions in Germany, I've never seen such short description without any explanation ;(

So, my proposal:
* Write up a detailed blog post explaining why we vote and what are the options
* Restart the vote and use the description for the vote and give a link to the blog post
* When you restart, consider adding an option: Abstain. Several folks asked for that...

Yes, please!

With the current questions and limited information, everybody can read into the poll what they want and I doubt that the board will be able to get the backing they ask for,

Indeed

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from openSUSE 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)