Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 22:10:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2019-10-11 at 19:59 -0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

And give us an explicit "abstain" option. L A Walsh is correct - there
is a difference between not voting due to apathy and not voting because
we don't think the choices presented are good choices. The reason for
abstaining *matters*, and if one were to decide to abstain because the
choices aren't complete or well-defined enough to make an informed
decision, that's different than "I was on holiday and didn't realize
there was a vote until I got back and it was too late" or "I didn't get
the e-mail because even though it was sent to a working opensuse.org mail
alias, it didn't get delivered".

Or, in my case (I proposed the abstain or blank vote some time ago), because I still do not know what to choose, I'm so confused. So I let others that have a clearer mind to decide. I certainly do care about the issue, but as it is I'm forced to not vote, which will be counted the same as laziness! :-/

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from openSUSE 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)