Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
On 10/10/2019 17.02, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
Good description and far better than the current poll! Should we restart
the poll?

thinking a bit more: I strongly suggest to stop the vote, it's useless. not everybody will read the description you gave above or even a blog post.

If I look at campaigns and petitions in Germany, I've never seen such short description without any explanation ;(

So, my proposal:
* Write up a detailed blog post explaining why we vote and what are the options
* Restart the vote and use the description for the vote and give a link to the blog post
* When you restart, consider adding an option: Abstain. Several folks asked for that...

With the current questions and limited information, everybody can read into the poll what they want and I doubt that the board will be able to get the backing they ask for,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger aj@xxxxxxxx Twitter: jaegerandi
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg