Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote

On 10/11/19 3:10 AM, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 11.10.19 um 02:25 schrieb Simon Lees:

 Well i'll disagree here, on one hand a clear "No Change" vote will basically end the discussion and
 will be something we can point to for years to come if someone was to choose to bring up the issue
 again. At the same time a clear "Change" vote will lead to the development of a plan to slowly

Oh boy. I assume down under the Brexit story isn't told as often as here, but this is *exactly*
the reasons given to have a vote in the UK. And guess what? It ended 51.9:48.1 - and the resulting
chaos dominates european news to the day.

In case of a close call like that, we will need to perform a name vote,

I do not see this need at all. I am not certain how one questionable vote followed by another is going to resolve the situation.

Later,
Robert

Distinguished Architect LINUX
Technical Team Lead Public Cloud