Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:44:55 +0200
Dne pátek 11. října 2019 9:18:56 CEST, Michal Kubecek napsal(a):
On Friday, 11 October 2019 9:10 Stasiek Michalski wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 11.10.19 um 02:25 schrieb Simon Lees:
Well i'll disagree here, on one hand a clear "No Change" vote
will basically end the discussion and will be something we
can point to for years to come if someone was to choose to
bring up the issue again. At the same time a clear "Change"
vote will lead to the development of a plan to slowly

Oh boy. I assume down under the Brexit story isn't told as
often as here, but this is *exactly*> > the reasons given to
have a vote in the UK. And guess what? It ended 51.9:48.1 -
and the resulting chaos dominates european news to the day.

In case of a close call like that, we will need to perform a
name vote, select a name that most people like and perform the
vote again, openSUSE vs the chosen name. It's only fair to
present people with concrete options if we know how dividing
the vote got in the first place.

Good thing disappointed openSUSE users are unlikely to fill squares
with "Rename means rename!" posters. :-)

So let's have enough votes against name change and this unnecessary disturbing
buzz will be over forever. ;-)

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu