[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-web] Community docs team?

On 3/16/19 7:38 PM, Christian Imhorst wrote:
Hello Lana,

Am 16.03.19 um 04:54 schrieb Lana Brindley:
In the meantime, I'd love to see a show of hands of who is interested in contributing to a community docs effort, and find out what range of skills we have available. Feel free to reply to this mail and let me know how you would like to contribute.

I am interested in contributing to a community docs effort but I don't know how I could contibute. So far I have edited and contributed some articles to the openSUSE-Wiki and I am familiar with Doc Book XML.

Finally, would people be generally in favour of a Slack channel (or some alternative) where we can discuss the project?

Slack would be ok for me, but I would prefer free alternatives. :-)

Currently we are experimenting in some openSUSE teams with a bridged Matrix / Discord / IRC setup so that could be an option it seems to make most people happy. There is already a #docs channel on openSUSE's Discord group adding the others wouldn't be hard.

I'd also be happy to help, probably less from a writing documentation side and more on the everything else that needs to go with it.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30