Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE documentation
Great news! I'll have to brush up on Docbook, but will see where I can best fit in.

Cheers,

Mike

On 10/7/2019 9:13 PM, Lana Brindley wrote:
On 07/10/2019 06:43, Mike McCallister wrote:
Ish,

Back in March, Lana Brindley offered to work on revising/updating the openSUSE
docs (https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2019-03/msg00033.html). I
also offered to help at that time. She ran into some issues opening
communication with the SUSE Docs Team. I don't know where that initiative
stands right now, but it's good to know there are others who want to help with
openSUSE docs.

Yes, I'm still here, and still interested in getting a group together to work
on openSUSE docs. As Frank pointed out, the best place to do that is the
doc-sle repo: https://github.com/SUSE/doc-sle

While I think it would be ideal to have the opensuse docs in their own repo,
it's not technically feasible at this stage.

I would definitely advocate for contributing to the docs in the repo rather
than the wiki, though, just to avoid silos. The whole point of open source is
to give back, and we can't do that if we're contributing in our own sandbox.

Happy to help anyone who might like some pointers on using github or docbook.

Also, the docs mailing list has been reactivated, so feel free to chat further
there (it's in cc).

Lana

Another thread on this is on the opensuse-web list. I can't find that link, but
it's around the same time.

Mike McCallister