Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE documentation
On 08/10/2019 12.59, Simon Lees wrote:

On 10/8/19 7:36 PM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 08/10/2019 à 09:59, Simon Lees a écrit :

So if openSUSE contributors such as Ish would like to work toward adding
new sections to the openSUSE docbook then I think that's something to be
encouraged rather then telling people to go back to the wiki.

sure, but the wiki is almost free form and docbook is a hell to
configure (or at least is was not so long ago), better the wiki than
nothing :-)

Yes but at the same time the wiki does not lend itself to producing
professional looking printed documents. There has been a suggestion to
bridge the two for example the PHP documentation contains the
"officially generated" documentation followed by a "User Contributed
Notes" section which allows the best of both worlds and keeps everything
in one location. (Example [1])

Maybe a text that explains how to configure and use docbook would help.

Time ago I wrote things using LyX and docbook, and not everything worked.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)