Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE.Asia Summit Community Meeting Notes from 04.10.2019

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 4:18 PM, ddemaio <ddemaio@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Building Community
*

Need for more documentation on use of:*

OBS

OBS has extensive user documentation on https://openbuildservice.org,
however it doesn't cover packaging with the help of OBS, just usage of
OBS tooling by itself. Explaining the concepts of RPM/deb/Arch packaging
with the help of OBS in more detail would probably be a benefit to the
service.

*

Blog posts, video content on new features in openSUSE.

YaST use cases

https://github.com/yast/yast.github.io/ could use some help, it would be
great if YaST was explained in much more detail there. In general the
site is focused much more on development side of things, but having some
user facing documentation wouldn't hurt.

*

Release media content for countries on their country specific platform.

Passwords and account name along with administrator/POC for the
account should be listed on the openSUSE social media wiki page
to keep sustainability of the account.

This does sound like a way too easy path to have a bunch of trolls
infest the accounts, I would suggest having board be gatekeepers, so
sending email to the board would result in getting the passwords
instead. Having that fact noted somewhere on the wiki would be great as
well.

*

Good to revive openSUSE Education distribution

Do we need a separate distribution for that? As far as I'm aware the
only difference between Leap Leap and Edu Leap was additional software
from an OBS repository. If there was a way to get that easier with the
standard Leap, we could avoid having to set up another image to build
(even if that's not that hard ;)

*

Find solutions for community to contribute to the heroes

Join the meetings Heroes have every month, they are very open to
contributions, as long as you are willing to do your best ;)
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Heroes#Communication

In my experience, it's one of the best teams to deal within the
project in terms of communication, it just needs more contributors.

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world