Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
Le vendredi 04 octobre 2019 à 11:53 +0200, Richard Brown a écrit :
Not holding this vote now commits the Project and it's Board to a long
drawn out series of negotiations with SUSE regarding the possibilities
of the Foundation being able to own or use the openSUSE Trademarks.

Not disagreeing or agreeing with your statement, but what you're
discussing here is clearly related to the Foundation topic.

On the other hand, Simon said:

"The push for changing the name is not directly tied to the creation
of a foundation."

What I see here is that we as a community do not even agree on the
context of the vote and what it should mean. This makes me highly
uncomfortable.

(and I am also uncomfortable for reasons highlighted in other mails:
because I strongly feel people do not correctly estimate the amount of
work required for rebranding, because it's unclear how the results will
be interpreted by the board, because I have no clue if this vote also
will have an impact on the logo, etc.)

On top of that, if we are going to vote with the context of the
foundation topic, then I feel that the community (or at least I, as a
community member) is not informed enough about the current status of
this topic.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.