Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
On 2019-10-02T13:44:21, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But this discussion evolved around a pretty incomplete problem statement
which vaguely describes the reality (the current state) BUT COMPLETELY
omits the ideal (the desired state for the project) we want to end up
with, also the consequences (the impact on the project) this decision
has. And most importantly it also omits the proposal (describing the
potential solutions to handle the impact) how we are going to achieve
this name change. All of this is unclear as of today!

Indeed.

Name changes create a *huge* effort down the line, loss of awareness
etc.

Before someone can put forward a coherent argument as to the why *and*
the how for this option, a vote should IMNSHO not be held.

One option I can vote for (not changing) is exactly defined. The other
option you put forward (change the name) is completely undefined and vague.

Amen.

Regards,
Lars

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG
Nürnberg)