Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
Le 02/10/2019 à 14:56, Vincent Untz a écrit :

My concern is similar to Henne's: we know there are people who will be
willing to help, and I have no doubt they will help; but will we be able
to cover all changes in a realistic timeframe?

Reading all what you say (not Vincent, everybody here), I think the way the vote is proposed is not the good way.

We should do it someway like this:

* ask for a group/team/whatsoever to propose an other name. This group (for example a member group in connect) could then make a campaign to promote his will among the members. *this* group would be responsible to make the transition happen and the result of the vote would most certainly depend of the way the group proves he can do the task.

* of course there can be several groups, names, with the same conditions.

* a other group should coordinate to defend the status quo, as it's not that evident now that the openSUSE brand is really backed by volunteers.

after that (I see at least two month or more), a vote could be done

jdd

--
http://dodin.org