Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
Le mardi 01 octobre 2019 à 22:20 +0200, Axel Braun a écrit :
Am Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 16:20:10 CEST schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
Can someone from the board please comment on this? You are proposing
to put this vote to the membership right? Have you thought and
discussed about the validity/gravity of this kind of question?

Yes we have.

Is there an outline of what work we will need to deliver if we rename
the project? I'm not asking "who will do it" (we can figure this out
later, even though I'd feel more comfortable having that info before a
vote), but "what will be done".

Also, is there any impact of that vote on the logo? Or is this not yet a
relevant topic, eg possibly a future vote?

My concern is similar to Henne's: we know there are people who will be
willing to help, and I have no doubt they will help; but will we be able
to cover all changes in a realistic timeframe?

(just to set some perspective: I'm the person who was annoyingly
repeating back in February we should shut down connect.o.o instead of
waiting for a replacement; and we're now in October with no significant
change for connect.o.o except for some heroes manually purging the spam
from connect.o.o every day -- yet I feel that the work on connect.o.o is
trivial in scale compared to a name change)

[...]

As we are on the edge of a new era (legal structure/foundation) it
would now be the time to change the name - if the majority of members
want this.

Hmm, are we on the edge of a new era? I mean: has this been fully
decided? Last thing I remember is the first discussion draft thread from
June, but back then it hadn't been discussed with SUSE management. And I
don't recall an update since then.

Thanks,

Vincent

--