Re: [opensuse-project] 2019-09-03 board meeting minutes
On Wed 2019-10-02, Michal Kubecek wrote:
Personally, I can see more similarities [with the Brexit vote] than
I feel comfortable with.

When the topic came up on my first board meeting (in August), the Brexit
voting process is an example I used as something to not repeat, indeed.

I, too, feel a bit uncomfortable, and I, too, hope that the vote will
be "no change of name". I see your point, and Henne's, and at least as
importantly the value of an existing brand. To me the potential benefits
of changing thename appear moderate in comparison, if not speculative.
But let's see.

Of course, there is another difference: if it all comes to the worst and
the result of the vote is "change", Board could simply make a popularity
contest and choose the name with most votes even if majority of voters
(and users) would in fact dislike that name. But that is hardly
reassuring...

If it comes to that, constructing the ballot is going to be non-trivial
and hugely important.

Gerald