Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name

In my opinion it's a bit unreasonable to assume that something as
tedious as changing the name of something would suddenly spark a rise in
contributors. Why would it?

It's not just the renaming but the whole process of building a (somewhat) new brand. That's why there is some possible interest.

Especially as the existing contributors are not even set up anymore to
onboard people. Look at all the failed attempts for people to "help"
with general purpose infrastructure, our main announcement channel
(news.o.o), our main documentation page (wiki.o.o), the system we
organize our community with (connect.o.o) and so on and so on.

I wish I would share your optimism. I don't.

Oh, you must have misinterpreted my writings. Speaking of the wiki, news or general opensuse.org I have no optimism at all as I got a bloody nose myself thanks to hardly any interest.

Regards,
vinz.