Re: [opensuse-project] Election Committee Set to Open Vote on Project Name
Hey,

On 30.09.19 16:28, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Am 30.09.19 um 15:37 schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
== For keeping the current name ==
This option is also known as: No one has to do a thing.

== For Changing the name ==
This option is also know as: A sh*tload of work.

Both points assume that only people currently contributing to the
project will jump in for the upcoming name change work to be done.

This could be fixed in the openSUSE spirit of a do-a-cracy: if there are
enough people stepping up to work on the name change process, it will be
done.

If ‘ifs’ and ‘ands’ were pots and pans, there would be no need for
tinker’s hands!

In my opinion it's a bit unreasonable to assume that something as
tedious as changing the name of something would suddenly spark a rise in
contributors. Why would it?

Especially as the existing contributors are not even set up anymore to
onboard people. Look at all the failed attempts for people to "help"
with general purpose infrastructure, our main announcement channel
(news.o.o), our main documentation page (wiki.o.o), the system we
organize our community with (connect.o.o) and so on and so on.

I wish I would share your optimism. I don't.

If not then there's no harm aside the communities vote not being
fulfilled.

Why do we need a vote then at all? If we are a do-a-cracy: Gather the
people together that want to do this. Hash out what it entails. Announce
your initial plan to gather feedback. Address the feedback you get. Do it.

No voting needed....

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang