Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote
On 22/09/2019 15.50, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Freitag, 20. September 2019, 19:11:32 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 20/09/2019 14.24, Peter Czanik wrote:
Wow, this is fun. Connect.o.o shows that my e-mail alias points to
the address which I also use now to send this e-mail. Just as the
microfocus account page. On the other hand I just tested, and
receive e-mails to a completely different address, which I used 10+
years ago. Luckily I still have access...

If you want to have it changed, please write to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Including your username or a link to your connect profile would be
helpful ;-)

Setting "Contact email" to the target address you want to use makes it
easier for us because a) copy&paste ;-) and b) as a verification that
it's really you / your mail address. (You can set that field to private
aka admin-only if you don't want to have it public.)

I do not think connect.o.o changes the destination address.
Well, there are two fields:

opensuse.org email alias (full) --> opensuse.org email alias (target)

AFAIK the "email alias (target)" field is only visible for admins.

Ah! As I am, I don't know what other people see O:-)

OTOH, there is a "Contact email" field which is more public (depending
on a user's settings) and user-editable, but it has nothing to do with
the @opensuse.org alias.

But changing the target here doesn't change really the target. It only
records what you say about it. The actual change is done opening a
ticket with admin at opensuse.org. AFAIK, I could be wrong.

You are ;-) We have a cronjob that regularly (IIRC hourly) gets the
aliases and targets from connect.o.o and feeds them to the SUSE
mailserver (which also handles opensuse.org).

Oh! Well, that's good :-)

Nevertheless, mailing admin@o.o is the preferred way so that we have
mail alias changes tracked.

Ok, so that's the answer we have to give people asking.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)