Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:43:44 +0000
Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue 2019-09-17, Ish Sookun wrote:
Therefore, please make sure that your membership alias is forwarding
emails to the correct email address. If any change is required to your
email address you may contact heroes@xxxxxxxxxxxx to help you out.

As someone who could not participate in the last board election due
to e-mail configuration woes (when SUSE was being untangled from Micro
Focus with some traces of Novell infrastructure still in the game) I
can only second this and urge:

Please, please, do check that mail to your @opensuse.org addresses works!

Perhaps it's too late for this question to be relevant for this
upcoming vote, but: looking further into the future, is it really
necessary to require a @opensuse.org address for participation in
these kinds of procedures? It seems to me like an extra hurdle which
will just add more opportunities for things going wrong and hence less
participation.

In my case, I had completely forgotten that I even had one of these
@opensuse.org addresses - or maybe I never even knew in the first
place. Either way, I only (re)discovered it by reading more of this
thread and then realising that perhaps I could find out either way by
logging in to connect.opensuse.org (which I had a vague memory of
doing at some point in the past).

Admittedly I am far from a model member of the community, since I only
participate sporadically and don't manage to regularly keep up with
all the lists. But I'm sure there are others like me. Apologies if
I'm just rehashing a conversation which already happened elsewhere
recently.