Re: [opensuse-project] New members procedure
On 20/09/2019 12.20, Simon Lees wrote:
On 9/20/19 7:26 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 20/09/2019 11.38, Simon Lees wrote:

I was rather hopping to move the membership procedure, perhaps
with some urgency, to a limited distribution mail list, that
the membership committee read. On the other hand, that becomes
"not open" :-(

This is the longer term plan, but its also not the hard part, the
harder part is storing the list of members usernames and email
addresses in a manner that only the people who really need to
access the data can access it.

What about making connect not admit new registrations
automatically? But delayed by a human inspecting them? Let them
register but only have access to their own profile, not published
till after inspection.

And yes, I do volunteer for that human inspector. I am already
doing it, but after the fact.

That would impede spammers getting access to email addresses.

At this stage modifying connect to do anything different, especially
given its using the same account system as all other openSUSE infra
is almost certainly harder then writing its replacement.

The replacement has blocked, stopped.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.