Re: [opensuse-project] New members procedure
On 20/09/2019 11.38, Simon Lees wrote:

I was rather hopping to move the membership procedure, perhaps with some
urgency, to a limited distribution mail list, that the membership
committee read. On the other hand, that becomes "not open" :-(

This is the longer term plan, but its also not the hard part, the harder
part is storing the list of members usernames and email addresses in a
manner that only the people who really need to access the data can
access it.

What about making connect not admit new registrations automatically? But
delayed by a human inspecting them? Let them register but only have
access to their own profile, not published till after inspection.

And yes, I do volunteer for that human inspector. I am already doing it,
but after the fact.

That would impede spammers getting access to email addresses.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.1 (Legolas))