Re: [opensuse-project] New members procedure
Hi

On 9/19/19 5:44 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hi,

I just learned that the recommended procedure for prospective new
members is to write a profile on <https://connect.opensuse.org/>

It is described here:
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Members#Detailed_steps_to_follow>

You know that I am one of the two volunteers that watch for spam on the
connect platform. I have been told that the platform is insecure, and in
fact people remove their profile. I don't know if this claims are true
or not, but I ask here for your consideration.

I am a bit worried. I do not want to be blamed for breach of privacy (EU
regulations etc) as I am 50% the active admin of that platform, which I
barely understand. I do not take responsibility in such an event.

Don't worry, your not responsible for the data.

This issue has been raised several times now and the answer is pretty much still the same, when someone implements a new GDPR complient system for storing membership info connect will be switched off. However as of right now unfortunently it doesn't seem like anyone is working on that. Volunteers are more then welcome.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30