[opensuse-project] New members procedure
Hi,

I just learned that the recommended procedure for prospective new
members is to write a profile on <https://connect.opensuse.org/>

It is described here:
<https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Members#Detailed_steps_to_follow>

You know that I am one of the two volunteers that watch for spam on the
connect platform. I have been told that the platform is insecure, and in
fact people remove their profile. I don't know if this claims are true
or not, but I ask here for your consideration.

For example, the other day a new user appeared, "rose25". Within a day,
she made "friends" with possibly everybody on the platform, surely using
a script, there is no other way to do thousands of friends. A few
corresponded.

Subsequently I banned her.

Quickly another user appeared, "rose2525", but so far no activity I can
can undoubtedly classify as "spam". However, some real users have made
friends with her (like Malcolm Lewis, or Stefan Seyfried, but not listed
later as such). I am suspicious and undecided.

The point: I highly suspect that this "rose25" got the emails and
personal data on the profiles of everybody.

Thus I ask if would it not be better to modify the procedure for
prospective new members to provide their "resume" in some other secure
manner.

I am a bit worried. I do not want to be blamed for breach of privacy (EU
regulations etc) as I am 50% the active admin of that platform, which I
barely understand. I do not take responsibility in such an event.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)