Re: [opensuse-project] Project name change vote
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 18:25:07 +0200
Op woensdag 18 september 2019 18:18:44 CEST schreef Martin Winter:
Hi all,

I am not an openSUSE member and therefore not eligible to vote. But
nonetheless I would like to express my opinion here and encourage you to
keep the existing and well-established name.

I have seen really big companies investing millions in campains to
communicate a name change - and in my perception they still failed, and
in the end they lost part of their visibility in the public. For
openSUSE that would be a bitter setback.

The name openSUSE stands for an open, rock-solid, powerful and community
driven distribution. This is a treasure that we must not risk recklessly.

Regards,
Martin Winter