Re: [opensuse-project] Changing the Chair of the Board
  • From: Adam Spiers <ASpiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:53:26 +0000
Gerald Pfeifer <gp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon 2019-08-19, Richard Brown wrote:
After six years on the openSUSE Board and five as its Chairperson, I
have decided to step down as Chair of the openSUSE Board effective
today, August 19.

The single most important thing for all of us to do today is
giving an enormously huge "Thank you" and applause to Richard.

Facilitator, presenter, developer, escalator and escalation handler,
doer, thinker, helper, writer, motivator, moderator, communicator,
leader and manager, and that's only an incomplete list, you have
been doing many things for, with, and around openSUSE (and SUSE)
that are highly visible, and probably equally many that are not.

Indeed - massive thanks and congratulations, Richard; openSUSE has
gone from strength to strength during your tenure!

As far as my new role goes, Richard and me have spent hours and
hours the last two weeks sharing and discussing, and so have Thomas
Di Giacomo (SUSE's President of Engineering, Product, and Innovation)
and others.

I have compiled a list of things that I plan to support and
(for some of them) tackle in the coming weeks and months.

Still, listening is going to be a priority.

Listening to the other board members (we're scheduled to talk tomorrow).

And listening to all of you, inside openSUSE and beyond.

Excellent - the geeko is in very safe hands! Looking forward to
seeing openSUSE progress even further with you at the helm over the
next few years :-)

Cheers,
Adam