Re: [opensuse-project] Changing the Chair of the Board
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 17:12:12 +0200
Op maandag 19 augustus 2019 10:00:52 CEST schreef Richard Brown:
Dear Community,

After six years on the openSUSE Board and five as its Chairperson, I have
decided to step down as Chair of the openSUSE Board effective today, August
19.

Dear Richard,

First let me express my gratitude for all the work you did for the community
and for the incredible pleasure it has been working with you in the openSUSE
Board. I have the deepest respect for how you did that job, your tremendous
input in every aspect of it. A deep bow, hat off.
On a more personal level, I also like to thank you for all the input you gave
me, the support that kept me going in a bad time in my private life, then and
on numerous other occasions. That made you more than just the Chairman of the
Board we were in together. I'd like to thank you for that big time.

On that note, SUSE has appointed Gerald Pfeifer as my replacement as Chair.
Gerald is SUSE's EMEA-based CTO, with a long history as a Tumbleweed user,
an active openSUSE Member, and upstream contributor/maintainer in projects
like GCC and Wine.

Hi, Gerald,

A warm welcome to the openSUSE Board, thanks for accepting, hope to speak to
you soon ( i.e. tomorrow ).

Keep having a lot of fun,

Richard

Will do, Rich. You too.

Note: This announcement has been cross-posted in several places, but please
send any replies and discussion to the opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Mailinglist. Thanks!

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht