Re: [opensuse-project] dis-Connect
On 19/07/2019 08.42, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 23.02.19 um 04:10 schrieb Fraser_Bell:

Elections are over.  Let's get started.

Did anything happen wrt phasing out connect.o.o?

When I did volunteer to tackle the spammers, I was actually thinking of a few
weeks / months.

Today, there is still no sign of connect.o.o being shut down any time soon.

The most worrisome part is, that new accounts are either SPAM or SUSE
employees. Lots of them.

I noticed the increase, but not that they are employees. I do not read
the mail addresses (don't know where they are - ah, I see now). I may
have killed some by error, and also not killed some because of doubts.

I'm 100% sure those old-timer SUSE employees did not suddenly after 20 years
have the idea "oh, connect is such a cool
platform, let's register (and then do nothing on it)", so certainly someone
must have forced them to register to this
system.

But why? Hell, I'm almost sure I accidentally banned / deleted some of these
accounts when doing the daily spam-chore.

I think they are people applying for membership to opensuse.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)