Re: [opensuse-project] Re: A call to share your story on People of openSUSE
  • From: Sébastien 'sogal' Poher <sogal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:07:31 +0200
Hi Imad,

Le jeudi 20 juin 2019 à 12:53:17, Imad Aldoj a écrit :
Thanks for the support
Well, believe me, I did.
Even though I prefer to NOT be the one picking people and pushing them
to share their own stories, I contacted few and was really looking to
hear back from them (at least) but the truth is so far none of them
even responded with a simple "no" and it hurts.

Actually I did not ignore your email, simply put a flag on it and did not
had time to answer it so far.

I think you should give people a template to help them start writing. It not
easy to write about yourself and without a "guide", not necessarily very
strict, it is even harder.

I also feel that people don't want to step in willingly because they feel
that their contributions or stories are not "good enough" to be published.

Maybe a small guide with examples of what sort of things, even the small
ones, they can share will help.

Regards,

--
'When there is no more room at school, the dumb will walk the Earth.'

Sébastien 'sogal' Poher