Re: [opensuse-project] RFC: How to improve openSUSE websites
Am Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:06:05 +0200
schrieb Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

So why not unclutter it and use one or two main colors? It's not
like we have you use every tone given from the palette as if it was
the holy grail.

Eh, this particular green gets worse the darker it gets, it's
certainly less eye burning, but that's not helping it look any better.

Then reduce the use of green to just logos, menus and accents. Get rid
of the huge blank spaces with no special purpose.

Sending people from A to B to C with always different layouts. That
is so wrong. I'd prefer any duplication instead of this navigation
mess.

All of those places do, or already have plans to move to new
navigation bar/footer with chameleon migration (except OSEM), It's
the same navigation for this very reason. We certainly can't avoid
not linking elsewhere, so why not link everything externally,
especially since that's where the content already is.

Then if there are plans already, what keeps it from being fulfilled?

And to link everything externally because there are some things that
have be linked externally is a really, really strange UX approach.

Please re-read your first bullet point. You're dissenting with
yourself
here now.

Nope, I'm repeating myself, I want one place with all the basic
information you need on distributions, without the need to edit many
of them to fit the current state. So moving everything to software-o-o
seems like the most sensible way to do it.

So, to recap:
you want one place with basic information and instead of making
opensuse.org this place you want to move everything to software-o-o?

We agreed on the overall web presence being at best not satisfying.
So why wait until the tasks are stacked?

We can already fix a bulk of it by forming a plan for fixing
software-o-o's presentation of distributions, cleaning up wiki from
useless stuff that is already said in other places, fixing OSEM to use
the same navigation as existing openSUSE websites, stuff that might
not be related to the main site at this moment, but would make
navigating between websites easier and more informational.

That sounds like where I'm trying to get to. But not by literally
patching a broken design from 2015.

Regards,
vinz.