[opensuse-project] Re: RFC: How to improve openSUSE websites
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:16:31 -0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 23:24:36 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Because the answers are more intelligent. A google search only sometimes
answers correctly, it needs the adequately correct question.

Ultimately, it depends on the complexity of the question.

If the question is "where do I get openSUSE?" - that's something that
should be easy to find, and logic would dictate that going to the project
website should provide some easy clues about that.

If the question is "my system is crashing with a stack dump in the nVidia
proprietary video driver, what do I do?" - that maybe is a more complex
question that merits asking in a forum or on a mailing list (even though
the answer may be "don't use nVidia video cards" - which may be a correct
answer, but is also usually not a helpful answer).

Questions where "recall" is the method used should be answered before
they're asked, if they're common.

Questions that require knowledge synthesis, OTOH, make more sense to ask
a group of experts.
--
Jim Henderson