Re: [opensuse-project] Re: RFC: How to improve openSUSE websites
Am Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:45:26 -0000 (UTC)
schrieb Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>:

That's true. Even true to other openSUSE and Linux social media
groups. Although I don't know why, because the Leap 15.1 download
link is extremely present on the opensuse.org landingpage. Although
when not landing on the mainpage navigation etc becomes a bit
cluttered. So we might want to think about improving the general UI
and UX to be more streamlined with important links present
everywhere in the main menues like the Wiki/Documentation and
download pages.

I tend to attribute it to people's laziness - it's easier to ask a
question than search for what you're looking for (at least in a lot
of peoples' eyes; I don't get that myself, if I want to know
something, I can search and get an answer now rather than having to
come back when someone answers).

But it always makes me shake my head when I see it.

Yes, it's somewhat miraculous why people type their questions into some
community website instead of a search engine. But be it as it is:
The common questions need to get answered on opensuse.org and be
accessible there with as few clicks as possible.

Regards,
vinz.