Re: [opensuse-project] RFC: How to improve openSUSE websites
On 18/06/2019 01.04, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Hi,

# First sight

# Getting information

[…]
Absolutely, animations aren't just a nice eye candy there, they
function very often as a roadblock between person and information,
which is not acceptable, I would be much more in favour of
splitting some stuff into subpages just to get into enough detail
about everything too.

Yes, I'd favour that as well. A menu is already there so it would be
easy and quick to implement.

I need to use bookmarks to bypass that entry page and get directly to
the stuff I need. Those animations don't help, IMO.

## Website vs. Wiki
[…]
I believe the biggest mistake was separating contents between
openSUSE and SDB namespaces, when you are looking for software, you
are most likely also looking for tutorials on how to install and
use said software anyway. There is no particular reason why this
needs to be in SDB articles in most cases.

Yes! A documentation separated into information and documentation is...
strange somehow. Is there a way to revert that somehow?

You have missed doc.opensuse.org (aka rtfm.opensuse.org) :-)

The SDB is historic. Two decades ago it was a collection of text files
we could download and even install as an rpm, and be served from our
local apache if we wanted. Each entry possibly written by a single
person that knew that particular stuff inside out, ie, probably the
packager.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.