[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Membership reminder.
On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 13:31 +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:30:48 +0930, Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi All,

Just a general reminder that over the coming months there will be
several decisions the openSUSE project will be making ranging from
name and branding / logo through to the creation of a foundation,
such issues will be decided via membership votes.

Anyone who contributes to openSUSE is able to apply for membership
following the process listed at [1]. My guess is we have a number
of
contributors who have never applied for membership because voting
for
the board doesn't seem important to them, where as some of these
other issues may be. If that is the case, now would be a great time
to apply so that we don't flood the membership committee so much
that
it holds up the votes.

I applied, but membership application was declined.

Simon

1. https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Members
I am sorry to hear that

As generic advice to anyone applying for membership, make sure to make
some verifiable claim of your contributions, and make sure that your
profile is publicly visible, members of membership comitee do not see
your profiles otherwise.

Hope it helps

Martin
< Previous Next >