Em 13 de jun de 2019, à(s) 07:53, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Rebuilding the openSUSE brand would be costly for openSUSE. Very much
so. Name changes confuse people. For a long, long time. openSUSE would
lose the (hopefully positive) impact of "SUSE" on our perception.

SUSE would lose significant community visibility.

I confess I am very aligned with the position of Lars, but I also understand the
legal problems it can arise by keeping SUSE in the name.

I will try to propose something in the middle:

It seems that the Foundation is happening. Let’s choose a name that will fit
fine in a Linux distro, but as a foundation behind openSUSE Linux. Then, with
the Foundation established and with all trustees or whatever they will be
called,
it can officially approach SUSE to try to make an arrangement about the use of
the name / trademark openSUSE. Do you think this is possible? Because, after
this, it will be crystal clear what we will win and what we will loose.

Best regards,
Ronan Arraes