On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 14:11, Stefan Seyfried
<stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 11.06.19 um 14:06 schrieb Richard Brown:

But I do think this example illustrates some of the factors we need to
consider on this topic besides the emotive "but we like the current
name" feeling :)

I'd suggest to start thinking about a name change for the project (not the
foundation!, the foundation can be named
whatever you want) once reports of such progress hindering events that
happened to impact the future of the project
because it was still named "openSUSE" have been seen in reality.

Right now that feels to me like (lots of) "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt".

And the more I read of it, the more I think "no fscking way am I going to
support a name change".

;-)

I understand your point of view.

Hopefully you can understand that there is no way I will ever share
the past examples of sponsorships, service arrangements, or other
contracts that have already fallen apart due to the current "SUSE is
not openSUSE" discrepancy, which will be no different if we have a
"FOOFoundation is not openSUSE" discrepancy.

Our conference organisers, other Board members, and myself, are not
imagining this problem. We've all seen it.
But we cant really do more than talk about it at a high level and ask
you all to trust us..as the alternative would involve throwing
sympathetic organisations who wanted to work closer with openSUSE
under a bus by naming and shaming them.

And that would be rather impolite ;)