Hi guys,

Em 3 de jun de 2019, à(s) 05:35, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
escreveu:

So whatever your views, please sound off in this thread, even if your
view is already echoed by others.

Do you think openSUSE should change it's name?

IMHO, definitely not… now.

It takes time to build a brand, and openSUSE is a very good one. The points in
favor that I read on this thread, again IMHO, do not seem to justify the cons.

I remember when Leap 15.0 was proposed. The very controversial numbering system
(from 42.3 to 15.0) was proposed to keep openSUSE in line with SLE. Now, one
year later, there is a discussion to change the name which will completely break
this “alignment”. Everything will be very confusing (again) to the users who are
not reading this thread.

My suggestion: give the Foundation another name (Gecko foundation, Lizard
foundation, Green foundation, whatever…), keep the openSUSE name for the
distribution, and change the logo if necessary.

When we reach a point that the points in favor of name changing are clearly more
interesting than the cons, then just drop openSUSE in favor of Tumbleweed and
Leap.

Best regards,

Ronan Arraes