[opensuse-project] Re: Proposal for Decision Making Process for the formation of our Foundation
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:21:38 -0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 19:11:23 +0930, Simon Lees wrote:

You didn't miss it, we didn't really have it yet other then covering it
at the conference in places, the current plan is rules for membership
will remain the same as at the moment so people giving money won't have
a general impact on decisions like this. They might give us money so the
project can go and do something it hasn't done in the past but that's a
completely different thing.

Thanks, Simon. It strikes me that mentioning something that
controversial might turn some people off to the idea of a foundation to
begin with, so I'm glad to see some clarification around this.

I know for me, it'd be a non-starter, and I also know I'm not alone in
that feeling.

--
Jim Henderson