[opensuse-project] Re: Proposal for Decision Making Process for the formation of our Foundation
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 04:01:34 -0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 15:11:48 +0200, Richard Brown wrote:

There are topics like those raised in the ongoing name/logo thread, but
I foresee many more in the future, regarding such as things like
budgets, membership dues, etc.

Maybe I missed discussion about this, but "membership dues" is concerning
to me - I think this project should continue to be driven by the people
who do the work, not the people who make monetary contributions.

As such, I wouldn't be in favor of individuals or organizations being
able to buy influence in the project.

I know there's a long history of people wanting to be able to give money
to the project to help with costs, and I'm fine with that as long as
membership and influence over the project isn't predicated on "he who has
the gold makes the rules".

My $0.02. ;)

--
Jim Henderson