On 6/5/19 6:56 AM, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne středa 5. června 2019 15:34:53 CEST, John Salvatore Fontanelli napsal(a):
The naming discussion should also consider: do we want to be seen
close to SUSE? If so, we should should avoid any name change at all.

IMHO being in very close relationship with innovative technological company
is
huge benefit of openSUSE. Isn't openSUSE upstream of SLE? I'd keep this link
as visible as possible.

I've been in the openSUSE exhibit space at LinuxFest NW (Bellingham, WA,
US/original grassroots fest/20 years) several times. The most common
question by far is: "What is different about openSUSE?" Answers vary
depending on the particulars of the questioner and the boothperson
addressing the question. However my sense is the answer that satisfies
most people involves speaking about the relationship between Tumbleweed,
Leap, and the rest of SUSE (not just SLE). This explanation has hidden,
subjective weight far beyond just the name.

In my view, the visible, obvious relationship between openSUSE and SUSE
is highly valuable. It would be a mistake to change the name.