  • From: Pierre Böckmann <pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:45:11 +0200
On Wednesday, 5 June 2019 15:34:53 CEST John Salvatore Fontanelli wrote:
The naming discussion should also consider: do we want to be seen
close to SUSE? If so, we should should avoid any name change at all.

It should consider that, too, sure, but even if, I wouldn't generally decline
a name change (or better said: a different name for the foundation and
continually rebranding the project).

I mean, let me explain in different words: You don't need to marry your
girlfriend to be her boyfriend/man, do you? To be close to her you don't need
to share a lastname or move into your girlfriend's apartment.

Same is true for us as a community. We don't need to have a SUSE in our name
to be close to SUSE, just like Fedora has neither "Red" nor "Hat" in it's name
- although I know that fedora is a hat which might even be red... well, yeah.
But you get my point, I guess.