Pierre Böckmann composed on 2019-06-05 10:23 (UTC+0200):

...in the end it's just a name and I
always thought that other distributions have names that sound better and look
better and have more beautiful logos, too.
I am using openSUSE not because of it's name or logo or brand...

My sentiments too, though I'm barely off the fence on the subject of naming.

I don't like name changes at all, but neither do I like polysyllabic names.
Sometimes a name change is warranted. The Goldstar brand's reputation for ugly,
cheap, and early failure come to mind, ending up as today's LG brand.

I agree foundation creation is an opportune time to break free of legal strings
and newcomer confusion. There seem to remain people who avoid openSUSE because
of
the ancient Novell/Microsoft connection. The SuSE, SUSE, openSUSE OpenSuSE,
S.U.S.E., opensuse, Opensuse muck is not "a" name to be proud of, nor are shades
of green that belong to nutrient starved vegetation, blood-starved dying body
parts, or (unenlightened) darkness.

I suggest the colors of royalty, and a name suggesting power, one that suggests
its well over two decades heritage is rich. A cutesy little Gecko doesn't
suggest
power or competence to me, and probably same for the skilled distro hunters we'd
like to welcome to our ranks.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/